Note: To join the Appalachian Region Porsche Club of America Facebook Group, you must be a current member of the Porsche Club of America.
- You need an active Facebook account to join the group. If you already have a Facebook account skip to step 3.
- To create a Facebook account click on the following link: https://www.facebook.com/help/188157731232424?helpref=topq.
- Log-in to your Facebook account (if you just created an account following step 2, You should already be logged-in).
- In the search bar at the top of the page (white box in blue banner at top of page with magnifying glass symbol next to it) enter the following: appalachian region - porsche club of America.
- Click on the magnifying glass symbol next to the white box.
- On the resulting page, you should see a selection at the top of the page for Appalachian Region – Porsche Club of America. Click on the Join button.
- A window will pop up after clicking the Join button.
- Respond to the two questions in the window.
- Click on the blue Send to Admins button.
- Your request is complete.
- Group administrators will review the request and grant access to Porsche Club of America members.
Facebook Privacy Issues
As you probably know, there are privacy risks associated with using Facebook, but you can greatly reduce these with a little care. See The Complete Guide to Facebook Privacy Settings for some helpful suggestions. The latest headlines describe Cambridge Analytica’s collecting of personal information; see this article by the Electronic Frontier Foundation on how to close this particular barn door. If you use the Firefox browser, its Facebook Container add-on appears to do about the same thing.
Appalachian Region-Porsche Club of America Social Media Guidelines
The Appalachian Region-Porsche Club of America Facebook group is designed to promote activities, foster friendships within the region, and to further the enjoyment of members’ cars. Both moderators and members are to remember that their conduct in this group is not only representative of themselves, but also representative of the Porsche Club of America and the Porsche marque. To be a member of this group, you must be a member, either primary or associate, of the Porsche Club of America.
Please be aware of the guidelines of this group:
- Group members are invited to share photos, discuss and comment on topics of general interest to PCA members, including PCA activities and Porsches.
- The Appalachian Region-Porsche Club of America Facebook Group and its members will embrace the PCA Code of Ethics and Conduct, as follows: “we treat neither fellow members nor non-members in a way that is demeaning, embarrassing, derogatory, or otherwise inappropriate.”
- The following types of postings are inappropriate:
a. Messages or postings containing offensive, abusive, harassing, disrespectful, defamatory, obscene or otherwise unsuitable language.
b. Messages or postings which are personal attacks or critical in nature of any individual.
c. Messages or postings that are divisive in nature (e.g. religion, politics, social issues, etc.).
d. Any messages or posts that the Appalachian Region-Porsche Club of America or PCA Executive Council deem harmful to National PCA, any zone, any region or any individual.
- Classified ads: Classified ads are permitted as long as they are related to the club. Examples would be cars for sale, car parts, hauling trailers, gear, etc. If a classified ad is deemed to be posted inappropriately, it will be taken down. It will be communicated with the poster of the ad the reason for removal.
- Spam ads will not be tolerated. These normally consist of “too good to be true” items or possible counterfeit items.
- Members shall refrain from repeatedly posting the same ad in an effort to get more views. Duplicative postings will be considered spam and deleted.
- Enforcement: Violations of this policy will be determined by the Appalachian Region-Porsche Club of America Facebook group administrator(s). Messages or posts in violation of this policy may be edited or removed as necessary to ensure posting standards are adhered to. Members who violate this policy will be issued a warning, repeat offenders will be removed from the group.
*** Appalachian Region-Porsche Club of America reserves the right to make modifications to these guidelines as appropriate.
Bob Disney – Appalachian Region Social Media Chair