Welcome to our new Appalachian Region Titanium Sponsor, K&M Collision, a Porsche Certified Collision Repair Facility. One of the goals set by the Board in the 2022 Roadmap was to expand Sponsorship for the Region. K&M Collision will be the Appalachian Region Titanium Sponsor for the Tech Series.
Thanks to Yohan Sookdeo for bringing them onboard.
K&M Collision is the closest Porsche Certified Collision Repair Facility to our Region and one that multiple Appalachian Region members have used for the bumps and bruises that are sometimes difficult to avoid. Using the Porsche Certified shop insures that your Porsche is repaired correctly.
K&M Collision is located in Hickory, North Carolina. They offer free concierge service transport of your vehicle to and from their shop and will also provide a $250 discount on all repairs over $5,000. K&M Collision will also be making a matching donation to the Charity of Appalachian Region's choice. Here is the link to the K&M Collision web site.
Car Control March was an action-packed month for members with a Car Control Clinic, Mountain Driving Class, an HPDE event and multiple social events. Take a look at the news section to catch up on articles about each of our activities.
The Region is back on the roads having just completed the First of Spring New Member drive to great success. Next weekend we head south in the Region with the Southern Morning drive. This one is "sold out" already.
We are introducing a new Drive & Hike Series hosted by David Angelus and Dianne Bienick. You can sign up for this event on April 15, 2022.
See you at an Appalachian Region Event!
Sign Up Now for May Events
- Luft Wasser Porsche Celebration in Brevard - May 14, 2022 – Registration opened for Luft Wasser and it is once again a sold-out event with 200 Porsche owners registering in 11 hours. Even though it is sold out, come visit Brevard on May 14 to view the cars and enjoy downtown Brevard.
- Drive & Hike: Folk Art Center to Haw Creek - May 25, 2022 – Join David and Dianne as they lead a five-mile roundtrip introductory hike from the Folk Art Center to the Haw Creek Overlook for a relaxing picnic lunch. This route features beautiful wild flowers, mushrooms and is primarily used by WNC locals for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching. Dogs can use this trail too, but must be kept on leash. Registration for this Drive & Hike opens on April 15, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. Use this link.
- Spring Thing with Smoky Mountain Region - May 20-23, 2022 –Smoky Mountain PCA will be hosting a 3-day event in Johnson City, TN. It is the 46th edition of PCA Smoky Mountain Spring Thing. The agenda is: Friday Social, Meet & Greet hors d’oevres and cash bar, Saturday morning competitive Concours d’Elegance, Saturday afternoon led and/or self-guided driving tours, Saturday Awards Banquet, Sunday Autocross at Bristol Motor Speedway..
April Social Events (No Registration Required)
- Black Mountain Perks (Coffee Social) on Wednesday, April 13, 2022 at 9:00 a.m., Monte Vista Hotel, Black Mountain, NC
- Breakfast Ramble on Saturday, April 15, 2022 at 9:00 a.m., Smoky Mountain Diner, Hot Springs, NC
- Social Mixer on Wednesday April 20, 2022 at 5:00 p.m., Sierra Nevada Brewery, Mills River, NC
- App Cafe: Porsches & Coffee, April 30, 2022, 8:15 a.m. - 9:45 a.m. at Asheville Outlet Mall, Asheville, NC
News in the Region
For up-to-date stories and news in the Appalachian Region, be sure to check out our Web Site on a regular basis and click on the "News" tab: https://aprpca.org/356B/index.php/news
Read stories and pictures from our March events:
- Region Presidents Meet to Discuss 2022 Goals
- Slip, Sliding Away on the Michelin Skid Pad
- A Breakfast Ramble to Burnsville
- A Partial-credit Mixer
- Mountain Driving Clinic
- Rain, Ice and Fun at CMP HPDE!
- Black Mountain Perks on a Gray Day
- Full House at Werks Reunion Amelia Island 2022
Anniversaries in the Region
Congratulate members on their longevity with the Porsche Club of America
- Joe Randall, Charlotte, NC
- Horace and Judy Dykes, Waynesville, NC
- Meurig James, Brevard, NC
- Kristie Nichols, Asheville, NC
- Sam Shiver, Marshall, NC
- Glenn and Amy Deal, Taylorsville, NC
Welcome New Members to the Appalachian Region
The Appalachian Region would like to welcome new members and transferring members that joined us in March. The Appalachian Region now has 568 members. A Big Appalachian Region Welcome to:
- David Bourne, Biltmore Forest, NC, 911 Carrera
- Thomas Clark, Highlands, NC, 911 Turbo S Cab
- Gary DuBroc, Sapphire, NC, 718 Cayman (Transfer from Lone Star Region)
- Mark and Charla Greene, Black Mountain, NC, 911 Carrera 4S
- Randall Johnson, Asheville, NC 911 Carrera 4
- Alex Llera, Black Mountain, NC, 911 Carrera 4S (Transfer from Carolinas)
- Jeffrey and Karli Ruscoe, Asheville, NC, Macan
- Matt Sprouse, Asheville, NC, Cayenne Diesel
- Regie Walburga, Asheville, NC, Cayenne
See you at an Appalachian event!
Jim Moore – Appalachian President