Please mark your calendar and plan to join us to celebrate the season with Appalachian Region friends, Porsche owners throughout WNC, and the folks at Porsche Asheville/Harmony Motors.
This year, Guardian ad Litem of Buncombe County is our charity partner.
- The Christmas/Holiday Gathering is Tuesday, December 10th 2019, 6:00-8:00 pm. at Porsche Asheville/Harmony Motors, 621 Brevard Road, Asheville.
- The gathering is co-sponsored by the Appalachian Region – PCA and Porsche Asheville/Harmony Motors.
- Dress is business casual.
- Heavy hors d’oeuvres, beer, wine, and soft drinks will be served.
- There will be door prizes, special guests, and more. (Similar to past Christmas/Holiday Gatherings)
- There will be a short program with remarks from Porsche Asheville/Harmony Motors and AR-PCA representatives. We will also have the opportunity to hear from Judy Butler of the Guardian ad Litem Association.
- The suggested minimum donation of $10/person (if you can give more, please don’t hesitate to do so), collected at the door/registration (cash or checks). All proceeds go to Guardian Ad Litem. (Please make your check payable to Guardian Ad Litem Association of Buncombe County.)
- If you plan to attend, please register by selecting this link: 2019 Christmas/Holiday Gathering Registration
Guardian ad Litem
Guardian ad Litem (GAL) equips community volunteers to serve abused and neglected children by advocating for their best interests in court. In 1983, the North Carolina General Assembly established the Office of Guardian ad Litem Services as a division of the North Carolina Administrative Office of the Courts. When a petition alleging abuse or neglect of a juvenile is filed in district court, the judge appoints a volunteer GAL advocate and an attorney advocate to provide team representation to the child, who has full party status in trial and appellate proceedings. All GAL advocates are trained, supervised, and supported by program staff in each county of North Carolina. The collaborative model of GAL attorney advocates, volunteers, and staff ensures that all North Carolina children who are alleged by the Department of Social Services to have been abused or neglected receive GAL legal advocacy services.
All receipts from this year’s Christmas/Holiday Gathering go to the Guardian ad Litem Association of Buncombe County (GALABC), a local nonprofit. a part of a national network of providers called CASA or Guardian ad Litem depending on the state. 339 children and their families received financial support via GALABC in 2018: 37% of funding was spent on enrichment activities for the children represented; 35% went to individual requests for everything from swimming lessons, clothes and shoes for college interviews, beds and baby supplies for infants and other specific needs identified by the child or the child’s family; 12% went the LINKS program (aid to teens via monthly skills building classes provided through the Department of Social Services); funding was also used to procured school supply gift cards.
The Appalachian Region is proud to have members on local charity Boards of Directors and participating in volunteer roles. Please plan to attend in support of this worthy organization and to be with your fellow Porsche friends!
See you there!