As we start to wind down 2019, the following upcoming events are scheduled:
- This Thursday, 4:00 pm: BOD meeting will be held in the conference room at Porsche Asheville. All PCA members are welcome to attend.
- This Friday, 12 Noon: the Events Chair will hold a Team Planning meeting at Bearwaters Brewing Company in Canton. All members who have any interest in planning/coordinating/assisting 2020 Region events should attend; if you cannot attend but have input or would otherwise like to be involved, please send your ideas/comments to Jim Moore.
- This Saturday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm: 9th Annual 'Supporting Our Veterans' Open Car and Bike Show at the Charles A. George VA Medical Center on Tunnel Road. This is one of our annual charitable activities and is designated as a PCA Hospitality Park to generate PCA membership interest. All proceeds go to Voluntary Services to the benefit of veterans through recreational and support programs otherwise unfunded. Registration is via mail-in form: VA Car Show. Even if you do not register your car, please consider attending in support of our veterans!
- Wednesday, November 13, 5:00 to 7:00 pm: Monthly Social will be held at the Craft Centric Taproom in Arden. You can pick up a sandwich at the nearby New York Butcher Shoppe, owned by Club members Robert and Brenda Bruker. As usual, look for the white AR name badges. (Don't have a name badge yet? Order from our Goodie Store under 'Special Items'.)
- Saturday, November 16, 9:00 am:‘Let’s Rendevu for Breakfast’ Breakfast Ramble. A return to one of the Region's favorite breakfast stops, meet your AR friends for a social meal at the Rendevo in Cashiers. For more information and registration (required), please click on Let’s Rendevu for Breakfast.
- Friday-Sunday, November 22-24: HPDE at VIR (Carolinas Region). Registration is through ClubRegistration.net (you know the drill). Please contact our Track chair, David Wells, for more information
'Hold the Date' Events (more information to follow):
- Saturday, December 7, 10:00 am: our Annual Membership Meeting will be held at Country Club of Asheville. This is our annual meeting to discuss the State of Region and obtain membership input. Light refreshments will be served.
- Tuesday, December 10, 6:00 - 8:00 pm: Annual Christmas/Holiday Gathering. This is a chance to celebrate the year with our friends at Porsche Asheville. This year's proceeds are to the benefit of Guardian ad Litem, Buncombe County. More information to follow in December's Event email blast.
- Saturday, March 14 2020: Appalachian Region 5th Anniversary Celebration will be held at the Country Club of Asheville. The celebration will be a social and sit down dinner with a short program.
Appalachian Region Election
Voting for the 2020-2022 Region Officers will open on Friday, November 1 via electronic link. Polls will close on December 1 at midnight. The ballot allows for the primary member and one associate member to vote; if multiple votes are submitted, only the last will be counted in tabulation. All voters must include name and valid email address in addition to vote. Tabulation/validation of voting will occur on December 2 with results announced at the Annual Membership Meeting (December 7). A Region email blast will be sent out on November 1 that contains the voting link. The following slate is submitted (unopposed):
- President: Don Therien
- Vice President: Jim Moore
- Secretary: Don Grainger
- Treasurer: Matt Pohsweg
It has been my sincere pleasure to serve as your President for the last 4 years. Thank you for your support, kind words and feedback. I have every confidence in slated officers going forward. Thank you to Jim Peterson for all that he has done in his role as Past President (and in keeping me straight - not an easy task). Thank you to all those who have volunteered and helped for Region and/or National events to their great success: you are the unsung heroes! Finally, this is your PCA Region: the Board of Directors and Chairs serve you. The upcoming Annual Membership Meeting is a wonderful opportunity to voice your concerns and recommendations to the betterment of the Appalachian Region. Get involved!
Leaves are beautiful: go for a drive in your Porsche!!