If you missed Luft Wasser - A Porsche Celebration on Saturday, you missed a great event!!
With 184 Porsches initially registered (177 on Saturday morning) and 160 cars in attendance, we filled Main Street in downtown Brevard. We had 48 volunteers under the leadership and supervision of Jim Moore, David Butler and Scott Walker , making the event <almost ?> flawless: parking of the 160-car parade into downtown was accomplished in under 15 minutes! Thanks to all that made this year's Luft Wasser such a wonderful success and to the hope for next year's 'bigger and better': stayed tuned for 2020 Luft Wasser event plans and volunteer opportunities!
As far as upcoming Appalachian Region events, May is jam-packed full:
- This Thursday, 4:00 pm: AR Board meeting in the conference room at Porsche Asheville. We will be reviewing Luft Wasser conduct and Appalachian Adventure plans as well as regular business activities. All PCA members are welcome to attend.
- This Saturday, 9:00 am to Noon: Mountain Air Cars and Coffee. Sponsored by Porsche Asheville, this year's event again offers blasting down Mountain Air's 2875 foot runway at 4,600 foot elevation! The AR membership was well-represented in 2018, let's do it again in a heady environment to socialize with coffee and pastries provided. For more info: Mountain Air Cars & Coffee
- Wednesday, May 8th, 5:00 to 7:00 pm: Our Monthly Social is being held here in Black Mountain at Pisgah Brewing. Come and hang out with your Porsche friends for a little 'cock and bull' session fueled by adult libation. As usual, just look for the white name badges. Pisgah Brewing website
- Saturday, May 11th, 9:00 am: 'Pig and Grits' Breakfast Ramble. Join us again in Burnsville for breakfast at Pig and Grits, featuring natural and sustainable local produce and ingredients. For more information and registration: 'Pig and Grits' Breakfast Ramble
- Thursday, May 16th, 2:00 pm: Appalachian Adventure committee is meeting in the conference room at Porsche Asheville. What to help out with AA? Join us on Thursday, the 16th at 2pm.
- Saturday/Sunday May 18th/19th: High Performance Drivers Education. Feel the need for speed? Join the Mid-South Region at Memphis International Raceway. For more information: Mid-South HPDE
...and still there'll be more:
- Saturday, May 25th: Drive, Hike & Dine on the Blue Ridge Parkway. This is a somewhat 'normal' drive and dine but with BRP requirements there will be two drive groups (first is full) and a ramble (find your own way to lunch in Waynesville). Linda Goodman, editor for the Panorama 'From the Regions', and her husband will be joining us for the drive and dine. The lunch location has yet to be determined so check the website for final location information. Event Information, Ramble Registration.
Mark your calendars: New Member Picnic and Social, Saturday, June 22nd at Long Meadow Park in The Ramble in Asheville.
For other Zone 3 events, Check out the Zone 3 Calender.
Up on the stump
I am so very proud of our AR volunteers (Board, Chairs and event volunteers) who have done such a great job of providing us with management and multiple types of events for us to enjoy not only our cars, but each other; and especially for this past weekend's Luft Wasser: Claudia and I received only very positive feedback! I cherish the friendships that have blossomed from the small seed of a car marque purchase: this extends not only from PCA but also through Porsche model interest groups (the 912 Registry, 944/951 bulletin boards). If you are not involved with PCA/Region activities (even as a participant), avail yourself to attend at least one of our activities each month... ...and remember to thank our volunteers who work so hard organizing and conducting these events. If you are looking for full-immersion (or just a friend-filled Porsche weekend getaway), I urge you to register for the Appalachian Adventure in August: AA Information and Registration. This year's AA kicks off Thursday evening with a <free> cocktail social at the Ridges Resort. Hotel reservations need to be made separately by calling the Ridges Resort (be sure to mention Porsche/Appalachian Adventure to get the discount room rate). And finally, I would like to start a women's activity group within the Appalachian Region: I am looking for a volunteer to chair this initiative, realizing that friendships don't normally revolve around an automobile brand (or pleasure from getting tossed about on a curvy road). If you are interested, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for being members of PCA and joining the Appalachian Region!!