Wow! How did we get to April 1st already? This is already a huge month with our second annual Luft Wasser Celebration being held in Brevard... 'Sold Out' with 170 vehicles registered!!
If you didn't register and would like 'in', contact Jim Moore, our events chair, to be wait-listed; otherwise, just show up to be part of the festivities!! (find your own place to park.) More on that later; read on...
- This Thursday, 4 April 4:00 pm: monthly Appalachian Region Board meeting in the Porsche Asheville conference room. We will be discussing the recent Zone 3 Presidents Meeting and several purchase request to support Luft Wasser and other AR events. As always, all PCA members are invited to attend.
- This Saturday, 6 April 9:00 am: 'Breakfast in the Sky' Breakfast Ramble to the Pisgah Inn. Registration is closed for this event.
- Wednesday, 10 April 5:00 - 7:00 pm: Monthly AR Social. This month's social takes us to Guidon Brewing, 415 8th Ave. E, Hendersonville, NC 28792 (next to Southern Appalachian Brewery). As usual, just look for white name badges.
- Saturday, 27 April 11:00 am - 2:00 pm: Luft Wasser Porsche Celebration in downtown Brevard. Registration is closed; but you can sign up on the wait list: contact Jim Moore via email. Complete information: Luft Wasser. As mentioned above if you are not registered, you can still show up in Brevard to join the celebration but you will not be allowed to park with registrants. If you are registered, you will receive your Drive information soon.
- ...and looking ahead a little further: Porsche Asheville is sponsoring Mountain Air Cars & Coffee again this year. Join us at Mountain Air on 4 May at 9:00 am for cars, coffee, pastries and speed runs down the airstrip!! More information: Mountain Air Cars & Coffee
And if your blood runs just a bit hotter or you just want something different:
- Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama, this weekend (Alabama Region). More Info.
- PCA Club Race/HPDE at Road Atlanta, 12-14 April (Peachstate Region). More Info.
- Spring Thing, 26-28 April (Smokey Mountain Region). More Info.
- Palmetto Region 50th Anniversary, 26-27 April. More Info.
As a point of interest, Claudia and I just returned from the Hill Country Rallye held in Kerrville, Texas, an air-cooled Porsche event. This years event sold out in 6 minutes after registration opened and featured 174 Porsches with over 270 participants to include a large group from Mexico. For those unfamiliar with HCR, it is more like Treffen, focusing on drives and social time but in a much less formal atmosphere (food/drinks in the parking lot each evening with banquet on Saturday night). With roads equal to, or better, than those found in the Hill Country, do not be surprised to see the Appalachian Region doing something like this in the future.
Hope to see you at an AR event soon!
HCR parking lot, Thursday evening before all participants arrived: