I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm as we are almost through our first month of 2019! We have a host of near-term events that represent a broad range of interests:
- Appalachian Adventure Planning Committee meeting: Thursday, 31 January, 2:00 to 4:00 pm in the conference room at Porsche Asheville. Anyone interested in helping with AA is invited to attend this first planning meeting for the 2019 AA.
- AR-PCA Board meeting: Thursday, 31 January, 4:00 to 5:30 pm in the conference room at Porsche Asheville (to follow AA meeting). All AR-PCA members are invited to attend. If there is a topic you would like to put on the agenda for the meeting, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 28 February.
- Car Control Tech Session with David Leonard: Saturday, 2 February, 10:00 am at the BMW Performance Center, 1155 SC-101, Greer, SC 29651 (Greenville/Spartanburg area). This tech session will feature Car Control basics, an on-track demonstration lap with Derek Leonard and an opportunity to see the latest BMW race car campaigning 2019. For more information and carpool registration, please visit our website: Car Control @ BMW Performance Center.
- Monthly AR Social: Wednesday, 13 February, 5:00 - 7:00 pm at the Wedge at Foundation in the River Arts District. Food will be available from 12 Bones (same building) until 6:00 pm. As usual, look for the white AR name badges.
- Winterfest (Tennessee Region - indoor concours, plus): 15-17 February. Please visit Winterfest for more information and registration. AR has several members planning to attend.
- Appalachian Breakfast Ramble: Saturday, 16 February, 9:30am. Meet at Joey's Pancake House in Maggie Valley for breakfast. ('Ramble' = find your own way). As 'rambles' were very successful events in 2018, the Region will continue to offer breakfast and lunch rambles as a monthly event. Please join us for this first of 2019 to enjoy comfort-food breakfast with your AR friends. Visit Appalachian Breakfast Ramble for more information and registration.
The Appalachian Region is always looking for volunteers and we currently have a couple of open committee chairs: Concours, Communication/Marketing, Technical and Test Drive. Concours is an immediate need for planning Luft, Wasser Porsche Celebration (27 April), the New Member Picnic (22 June) and Appalachian Adventure Concours (17 August) If you would like to volunteer or you would like more information about a particular position, please contact me via email at email@example.com.
If you are interested in joining the AR Manna FoodBank volunteer group, please contact David Butler via email for more information.
As always, the latest (and correct) information can be found on our Appalachian Region website. New members may find this Activities link particularly helpful. We also have our own Facebook Group: to join the group please refer to this Joining our Facebook Group link.
I hope to see you at an event soon!