Are you willing to donate just 2 hours of your time per month to MANNA FoodBank to help our WNC community?
We are trying to establish an Appalachian Region PCA volunteer group to work at MANNA FoodBank on the first Tuesday of each month from 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm. MANNA FoodBank is a private, not-for-profit service organization that links the food industry with over 200 partner agencies helping needy families in 16 counties of WNC, the same foot print as the Appalachian Region. The Region has donated funds from annual events (Christmas/Holiday Gathering, Appalachian Adventure) to Manna: now it's time to step up and do even more in our community!
With changing schedules everyone cannot make a monthly commitment. We would like to identify approximately 16–18 (or more) members who can collectively support a commitment of 6-8 volunteers each month. David Butler will coordinate, sending out an email to those who have expressed interest a week prior requesting volunteers for the upcoming Tuesday. The first 6-8 responding will constitute the working group. We currently have 8 volunteers but need more to support this effort.
MANNA FoodBank facts:
- MANNA is a member of Feeding America, and was awarded a 4 Star Rating from Charity Navigator for the 6th consecutive year in 2016. This is the highest rating possible and puts MANNA in the top 4% of nonprofit organizations in the country for stewardship and financial responsibility.
- In 2016, 6215 volunteers donated 69,914 hours, the equivalent of 33.6 full-time staff members.
- In 2016, 16.4 million pounds of food were distributed.
- In 2017, 229 partner agencies provided 39,500 meals PER DAY.
- Provides MANNA packs to kids: 1 in 4 kids in the MANNA service area don’t have access to 3 square meals a day. MANNA Packs ensures that each Friday children from low income homes leave school with a package to provide nourishment over the weekend.
Please notify David Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating or have questions. This is a great way for Appalachian Region to collectively contribute to our community each and every month. It’s also a great way to meet fellow members. The MANNA FoodBank Volunteer Center is located at 627 Swannanoa River Road Asheville, NC 28805. Our first work day is Tuesday November 7.
Please support this charity effort with a donation of your time!