For this note, I'll be all over the place so bear with me...
- We have a Facebook Group and it is a wonderful source of 'what's happening' in our Region and the larger area. Since it is a closed group, you must request to join after which an administrator will add you to the group. Our group page is APRPCA. To join the group, click 'Join Group' in the top-right corner. Scott Walker and Jim Moore have been bringing a lot more content to make things interesting: join in and check it out!
- We still have a few slots left for the Roebling Road Track Day on November 10th (Friday). Our room block at the Hampton Inn and Suites Savannah Airport closes October 25th. If you're still on the fence about going, you need to decide soon or there may not be any slots left... Contact Jim Peterson or Dick Maybach for more info.
- Our November event is the 'Saluting Our Veterans' Open Car and Bike Show on Saturday November 4th from 10am to 2pm at the Charles George VA Medical Center. The cost is $10/car and proceeds benefit the Patient Recreational Therapy Programs. Last year, the Appalachian Region won the 'Best Represented Car Club': please register now (only the first 250 cars/bikes allowed) and help us do it again this year! The Region will also be donating an additional $500 to help the programs and raise awareness of PCA charity work. The registration form may be download from our web site.
- Jim Moore has volunteered to fill the Events Chair. Plans have already been made for the first quarter of 2018 but you can help out by providing ideas/suggestions for future monthly activities: if you have an idea (or a favorite event//destination) to be considered, please contact Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voting for the slate of Region Officers is expected to open soon: the Nominating Committee's report/slate of officers may be found here.
- ...and did I mention we are meeting at Oskar Blues in Brevard next Wednesday, October 11th, for our October Social 5-7pm? Come on out and help us blow of a little post-Treffen steam...
A couple of 'Hold the Dates':
- Saturday, December 2 is the date for our Annual Membership Meeting. This year it will be held again at the Country Club of Asheville (just off Merrimon Ave across from Beaver Lake). Refreshments will be provided.
- Tuesday, December 12th is the date for our Annual Christmas Holiday Gathering that will be held in the Porsche Asheville/Harmony Motors Show Rooms. This year will be a very special event to commemorate all the work that is Treffen Asheville and to celebrate our partnership with Porsche Asheville. Please plan to attend!
I think that just about covers it (if not, you're liable to see another email or two). Please consider supporting your Appalachian Region: there is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes to make these events happen. That effort is easily recognized and acknowledged just by your presence!! Sign up now for Roebling Road and the 'Saluting Our Veterans' Car Show (you will not be disappointed).