Picnic @ Long Meadow Park in The Ramble in Asheville on Saturday, September 3 at 5:00 p.m.
This is the fourth year for this event with the first three years being a huge success. It’s a pot luck event with everyone contributing an appetizer, side dish or dessert. The region will provide the main dish, Broasted Chicken from Little Pigs BBQ in Asheville. Cost is $10 per person to cover table, chair and pavilion rental.
We moved from Reynolds Mountain to The Ramble as the Long Meadow Park Pavilion is much larger, there are permanent restrooms and there is a children’s play area as well.
First of all, we need people to bring a side dish, be it a salad or slaw or potato salad or baked beans or dessert. Second, BYOB, whether it is water, soda or beer or whatever you might like to drink. We will provide tables, chairs, tablecloths and main dish. We’ll picnic at approximately 6:00 p.m. and socialize until whenever.
Please sign up now! Send an email to email@example.com with participant’s names and pot-luck item you are bringing for the group to share! Get this on your calendar today!
Suggested pot-luck list as follows:
- (4-5) Appetizer
- (10-11) Side, e.g. baked beans, salad, cold slaw, pasta salad, etc.
- (3-4) Bread, e.g. baked bread, dinner rolls, etc.
- (6-7) Dessert, e.g. brownies, pie, cake, cookies, etc.
- (3-4) Plates, napkins, utensils, bag ice (cooler)
- Please bring serving utensils as needed for your dish!
Directions to the Long Meadow Park pavilion in THE RAMBLE in south Asheville
Enter the Ramble at the Valley Springs Road entrance off of Hendersonville Road. This is approximately 3 miles south of the I-40/US 25 Hendersonville Road intersection.
- Go straight on Valley Springs until you reach the guard gate. Names will be provided to the guard, indicate you’re joining the Porsche Picnic in Long Meadow Park.
- After passing through the gate continue straight, the park is just ahead.
- At the park entrance (you’ll see statue and pavilion) turn left onto Ramble Way, then immediate right onto Fairsted Drive.
- Park on the Fairsted Drive roadside.
- Please respect the neighborhood by being careful and driving slowly.