Now is the time to plan on joining your Porsche-loving friends and register for Appalachian Adventure, August 12-14 2016, Fontana Village Resort, Fontana Lake, North Carolina. Onsite accommodations are available at the resort at a group rate. The Resort will release their hold on our block of rooms on May 12th and will not guarantee room availability beyond that date.
This Appalachian Region – PCA event offers tons of stuff to see and do in a beautiful Western North Carolina location featuring some of the best roads in the Eastern U.S., scenic views and cool mountain temperatures.
Here is a partial list of activities available at what promises to be great laid-back, fun-filled event:
- Fantastic driving opportunities and roads with guided and self-guided tours that include - Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Parkway, Foothills Parkway, Joyce Kilmer forest, Western North Carolina waterfalls, Nantahala gorge, TVA dams, small town visits to Bryson City and Franklin, NC and a gem mine experience.
- Peoples Choice Concours with over 50 Porsches to view.
- Lots of time for socializing with friends at mixers on Friday and Saturday evening, a beer and wine tasting, optional Pig Pickin’ BBQ, evening bull sessions at the bonfire pits, Saturday lunch and dinner and more.
- Try a challenging Porsche historic and technical quiz.
- Take an optional scenic guided boat tour of Fontana Lake.
- Shop for Porsche and Appalachian Region logo wearables at the Goodie Store.
- Kick the tires of some new Porsche vehicles that will be on display courtesy of event sponsor Harmony Motors/Porsche Asheville.
- Win valuable automotive items and accessories as prizes for a charity raffle with all proceeds to benefit MANNA Food Bank.
- Saturday evening awards dinner with special guest speaker.
Event registration via the web at: https://clubregistration.net/events/signUp.cfm/event/7228
Registration is scheduled to close on 6/15/16. Fees are $115/single and $215/double.
Onsite accommodations at Fontana Village Resort
For reservations contact the resort directly at 800-849-228 or 828-498-2211. Mention that you are with the Appalachian Region Porsche Club to get the group rate through 5/11/16.
For additional details including an event schedule, Concours classes and rules, a list of frequently asked questions and more, see the Appalachian Region – PCA website.
For further information contact Don Therien, Vice President Appalachian Region - PCA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event sponsored by 2016 Appalachian Region – PCA Platinum Sponsor: Harmony Motors/Porsche Asheville.
Peter Graham, President
Appalachian Region - Porsche Club of America