Several events are coming up.
- This Wednesday, November 9th 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm: monthly AR social/mixer will be held at the Thirsty Monk (51 N. Merrimon Ave #113, Woodfin).
- Thursday, November 17th 4:00 pm: Treffen Asheville (TA) Committee is meeting. Location is to be announced.
- Saturday, December 3rd 10:00 am - noon: Appalachian Region – PCA Annual Meeting. Location is to be announced (we are currently looking at the Country Club of Asheville). This is an opportunity for Appalachian Region members to ask questions and obtain information about the operation and management of our Region.
- Thursday, December 8th 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm: Appalachian Region – PCA Holiday/Christmas Gathering at Porsche Asheville. More information will be supplied in a separate announcement.
- Wednesday, December 14th 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm: monthly AR social/mixer will be held at the Thirsty Monk South (2 Town Square Blvd. #170, Biltmore Park - please note that this is a different location than for our November meet).
As far as the ‘to be announced’ meeting locations: The Porsche Asheville conference room is being used as office space for the VW employees conducting the buy-back program as a part of the VW diesel emissions settlement. If you know of a meeting location that is convenient and has ample parking that could be used for club events, please let me know via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to all those who came out to support the ‘Saluting Our Veterans’ car show this past Saturday at the Charles George VA Medical Center. The Appalachian Region was well represented and won the ‘Best Represented Club’ award.
Treffen Asheville input is still being accepted: if you have a favorite destination and/or eatery, please let me know soon. Time is short to formulate destinations and make food arrangements. We will be finalizing that list very soon so that route planning can begin.
We still have openings for several committee chairs and need suggestions for next year’s activities. (Once the weather is suitable, we will be ‘testing’ our Treffen Asheville drives.) If you would like to serve as a committee chair or have a suggestion for a Saturday activity, please let me know.
Finally, I would like to thank all those who have worked so hard to make this year a great success: ‘Fueled by Volunteers’!
Keepin' the shiny side up...