Greetings PCA members in WNC,
This is an Appalachian Region update on some information you may find of interest.
- The Appalachian Region Charter Party on 4/2/15 sponsored by Harmony Motors, Porsche-Asheville was really a great event. Hope you were able to join over 100 of us for the fun. See the region website at apr.pca.org for photos and details. Our charter as Appalachian Region-Porsche Club of America is now mounted on the wall at Harmony Motors. Please join me in thanking Scott Wilkerson, Charlie Schieren and the staff at Harmony Motors for their hospitality. We are fortunate to have the assistance and support of this fine organization.
- The long awaited PCA letter to "affected members" in WNC is being sent today - 4/9/15. Note: Appalachian Region charter members and those that recently changed their affiliation to Appalachian Region will not receive this communication from PCA. This letter invites the remaining PCA members in the 16 counties of Western North Carolina to identify their region of choice for affiliation purposes - Appalachian or any other region. If no response or choice is made, the individual will remain in the Carolinas Region.
We invite and encourage all PCA members in the 16 western-most counties of North Carolina to specify Appalachian Region as their region of choice. As a reminder, the Appalachian Region was granted responsibility for this territory by PCA on 2/2/15. The region is up and running and was formed with a sole focus on the best interests of PCA members in WNC. As of April 8 the Appalachian Region membership is 123 primary members and 85 supplementary members.
You can make your selection of Appalachian Region via the PCA website: https://www.pca.org/ https://www.pca.org/ and press MEMBER LOG-IN. After logging in to the site, press the EDIT tab, MEMBERSHIP (it comes up in the ACCOUNT mode), and select Appalachian (NC) from the drop down Region list. Then press SAVE at the bottom of the page. That is all there is to it-you will then be identified as an Appalachian Region member within PCA.
We are extending the deadline for charter member signups for the Appalachian Region through Sunday May 31, 2015. Please make your region selection by then.
- Our 4/4/15 Drive and Dine from UNC Asheville to Smoky Mountain Diner in Hot Springs, NC was fun and a great chance to get our cars back on the road after winter hibernation. 25 cars and 36 attendees participated. The food was good and fit for trail hikers as the Appalachian Trail passes right through town. Traffic was light, the drive was nice and the weather cooperated after a chilly start. A 50/50 raffle yielded $170 for the region treasury-Thanks Michael! Thanks also to Peter Graham for planning the event and Scott Walker for mapping and directions.
- In Den Bergen has been cancelled for 2015 and will not be held as previously scheduled on August 14-16, 2015 in Waynesville. We are disappointed to make this announcement yet are doing so because we are committed to offering you quality events and activities at a fair value. As we went about our planning for IDB this year, confidence was lost that the event would meet these standards; this resulted in the unanimous action by the Board to cancel the event.
- We intend to offer a variety of great events and activities in the future and are committed to making them the kind of events that meet your expectations.
- Another Drive and Dine is planned for Saturday May 2, 2015 from Black Mountain looping back to Black Mountain with lots of challenging roads in between and lunch at Fresh Wood Fired Pizza and Pasta in Black Mountain. Peter Graham and Scott Walker are again teaming up to offer us another enjoyable drive and lunch. Mark it down on your calendar. Please RSVP to Peter Graham email@example.com; space will limited by restaurant seating. Also see the calendar of events on the Appalachian Region website.
Jim Peterson, President
Appalachian Region, Porsche Club of America