We're meeting a week early this month to avoid crowding the Christmas/Holiday Cel;ebration on December 10. We'll be at the Burial Beer's Forrestry Camp, 10 Shady Oak Dr. Asheville, NC 28803. We'll meet in the bar (as usual look for the white name badges), where food is available. More substantial meals are available in their restaurant, but that requires a reservation.
|12-04-2019 5:00 pm
|Event End Date
|12-04-2019 7:00 pm
The membership annual meeting occurs with introductions of the new board and reports on the events of the past year. We will meet at the Country Club of Asheville, 170 Windsor Rd, Asheville, NC over coffee and treats. Mark your calendar today to attend and understand the inner-workings of the club. There will be a short board meeting at the end of the annual one.
|12-07-2019 10:00 am
Please mark your calendar and plan to join us to celebrate the season with AR-PCA friends, Porsche owners throughout WNC, and the folks at Porsche Asheville/Harmony Motors. This year, Guardian ad Litem is our benefiting charity partner.
- Event is Tuesday 12/10/19, 6:00-8:00 pm. at Porsche Asheville/Harmony Motors, 621 Brevard Road, Asheville.
- Co-sponsored by the Appalachian Region – PCA and Porsche Asheville/Harmony Motors.
- Dress is business casual.
- Heavy hors d’oeuvres, beer, wine, and soft drinks will be served.
- There will be door prizes, special guests, and more. (Similar to Christmas/Holiday Gatherings of the last four years.)
- As in past Gatherings, there will be a short program with remarks from Porsche Asheville/Harmony Motors and AR-PCA representatives. We will also have the opportunity to hear from Judy Butler of the Guardian ad Litem Association.
- The suggested minimum donation of $10/person (if you can give more, please don’t hesitate to do so), collected at the door/registration (cash or checks). All proceeds go to Guardian Ad Litem. (Please make your check payable to Guardian Ad Litem Association of Buncombe County.)
- If you plan to attend please register by selecting the Register button below, so that we can purchase the appropriate amount of food.
Guardian ad Litem
The mission of the Guardian ad Litem Association of Buncombe County (GALABC) is to provide education and support to the Guardians ad Litem in Buncombe County and to advocate for the best interests and needs of abused, neglected and dependent children both in the court and their everyday environments. The GALABC, a local nonprofit, along with the District 28 GAL office are part of a national network of organizations that serve the needs of the children who find themselves in the protective oversight of Social Services. We are a part of a national network of providers called CASA or Guardian ad Litem depending on the state.
339 children and their families received financial support via our nonprofit in 2018. 37% of our funding was spent on enrichment activities for the children we represent. Another 35% were individual requests submitted by our GALs for everything from swimming lessons, clothes and shoes for college interviews, beds and baby supplies for infants and other specific needs identified by the child or the child’s family. We also supply school supply gift cards and invested 12% of our funding in a program called LINKS to aid teens via monthly skills building classes provided through the Department of Social Services.
All the area children who end up with open cases at DSS are coming from families living in poverty. The GALABC solicits funds for needed items and enrichment opportunities not covered by Social Services. We are especially committed to aiding kinship placements – these families receive no financial support from Social Services.
|12-10-2019 6:00 pm
|Event End Date
|12-10-2019 8:00 pm
Tour K&M Collision, The Official Porsche Collision Repair Shop for Western North Carolina
As the inclement weather comes to Western North Carolina, I am afraid that a member or two may need collision repair so be prepared by meeting "The Official Porsche Collision Repair Shop" for Western North Carolina: K & M Collision in Hickory, NC.
The January 4, 2020 tech session will be a field trip to visit K&M Collision shop to learn about their credentials, take a tour and enjoy coffee and donuts. After the tour, if you are interested in lunch with fellow members a group of us will have a bite at Olde Hickory Station, a former Train deport offering casual lunch ( https://www.oldehickorystation.com/ ) not far from the shop. Or, you can head for home if you have some Saturday errands to run.
We'll also offer carpooling to the shop if you would like to drive with fellow club members.
Date: Saturday, January 4, 2020
Time: 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Location: K&M Collision, 916 Lenoir-Ryane Blvd SE, Hickory, NC 28602
Carpool Meet-up if interested (We'll combine in cars share a drive over to Hickory or you can drive yourself)
Meet at 8:30 am and depart at 8:45 am
Ingles Grocery, State Highway 9, Black Mountain, NC
Olde Hickory Station, https://www.oldehickorystation.com/, 232 Government Ave SW, Hickory, NC
|01-04-2020 10:00 am