Derek Leonard, a lead driving instructor for the BMW Performance Center will be providing a tour of the BMW Performance Center in Greenville (Greer, SC) and will be sharing basics of driver car control through a classroom discussion and on-track demonstration laps with Derek driving participants on-track for the ultimate learning classroom to track. There will also be the latest BMW race car on hand so that we can understand how professional teams set up an on-track car.
Derek's tips will be beneficial in improving your road driving and track driving. Derek's success on the track and ability to teach his driving control success to students for better control of their street vehicles should make for an interesting session.
You have two options to travel to the BMW Performance Center in Greer:
- You can drive yourself and find your own way, or
- You can join a carpool to ride with fellow members to the BMW Performance Center. The carpools will meet at the Hardie's at exit 44 off I-26 in Hendersonville. (6001 Asheville Highway, Hendersonville, NC) at 8:15 am for a 8:30 am departure.
- Date: Saturday, February 2, 2019
- Carpool Meet-up: 8:15 meet-up with a 8:30 am departure
- Event Start in Greer, SC: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Location: BMW Performance Center, 1155 SC-101, Greer, SC 29651 (Greenville/Spartanburg area)
If you want to be part of the carpool to the BMW Performance Center, please register below so we know how many to expect. There is no charge for this event. Just come prepared to have a good time.
Thanks to Lee Geronime for identifying this opportunity and connecting the club with Derek.
|Event Date||02-02-2019 10:00 am|
Wedge at Foundation, 5 Foundy Street, Asheville – note the address; this is the new location, not the original one, which is still in business on Roberts street. If you arrive before 6:00 p.m. you can get food from 12 Bones (in the same building) and carry it into the tasting room. As usual, just look for white name badges.
|Event Date||02-13-2019 5:00 pm|
|Event End Date||02-13-2019 7:00 pm|