The Appalachian Region of PCA is hosting its fourth Appalachian Adventure featuring the best driving roads in America, social events, a People’s Choice Concours, and a chance to spend time with Porsches and Porsche people.
Appalachian Adventure 2021 is being held at the Meadowbrook Inn in Blowing Rock, NC, on September 9 – 12. The weekend promises to be a fun weekend of socializing, driving and showing your Porsche in the beautiful NC mountains.
- Welcome Thursday: Arrive Thursday afternoon to get situated and start with a welcome cocktail hour with hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar on Thursday evening.
- Driving Friday: After breakfast (included each day with hotel stay), we will have a choice of drives with lunch stops. Rides will go in varying directions so you can choose to explore new roads or revisit some familiar ones. Ride descriptions are on this web site and on Club Registration.
Friday evening happy hour and dinner will be at Meadowbrook and is included in your registration fee.
- Saturday Concours and Activities:
The day kicks off with the People Choice Concours that will display 50+ cars competing in more than seven award Classes, plus Best of Show. The show site is only a block from the hotel so walking access is easy. A barbeque lunch ($12) will be available at the show site; reserve at time of registration.
Saturday afternoon provides choices. We are arranging a tour of a Chip Perry’s personal car collection of 21 vintage cars, including 11 Porsches. Chip is the first employee and former CEO of AutoTrader. This will be a treat.
As an alternative, we have arranged a wine tasting at Sunset & Vine ($10, payable at the shop) . Or you can take advantage of shopping and sightseeing in downtown Blowing Rock and the surrounding area.
Saturday will also offer a multiple-choice format historical and technical quiz to test your Porsche knowledge. There are some real experts expected to compete. The Quiz winner will be recognized at the Saturday night banquet.
The Saturday night happy hour and banquet, also included in your registration fee, will feature show awards and our guest speaker, Chip Perry.
- Meals & Friends: The weekend offers opportunities to see old friends and meet new friends. Over 100 people will attend the weekend and join in socializing at the Thursday cocktail hour, the Concours, and Friday and Saturday evening dinners.
- Flow Motors/Porsche Asheville is the official event sponsor. We anticipate they will bring a selection of vehicles and experts to answer your questions.
- Send-off Sunday: After breakfast, Sunday is open for you to have a leisurely start to the day, tour or sight-see on your own or enjoy the beautiful drive home at your own pace. Your registration package will include information on local sights and interesting routes home.
More details are available at 2021 Appalachian Adventure Frequently Asked Questions.
Registration for the event is only $195 for couples and $100 for singles. We also have a provision for additional (3rd party) guests at $115. Registration opens July 15, 2021 on ClubRegistration.net and includes:
- Thursday night reception,
- Registration for Friday driving events,
- Concours entry,
- Tour of private European car collection,
- Friday and Saturday dinners,
- Event T-shirt.
Optional events requiring an extra fee are the optional catered barbeque lunch at the Concours ($12 pp, payable on line) and Saturday wine tasting ($10 pp payable at the shop).
The hotel stay at the Meadowbrook Inn is not included in the registration fee and must be reserved separately. To make a reservation at the Group Rate, please follow these instructions:
- Go to the Meadowbrook Reservations Page at www.reservations.meadowbrook-inn.com.
- Select your Arrival and Departure Dates and Number of Adults.
- Enter the following Access Code for you Group to view your discounted rate: 10909A.
If you want to visit the Meadowbrook website (www.meadowbrook-inn.com) directly, you can also click on Reservations and follow the instructions above.
Reduced rate accommodations are available with a 2-night minimum stay. The room options are:
- Standard room - $89, Thursday; $149, Friday and Saturday
- Suites and deluxe rooms - $109, Thursday; $189, Friday and Saturday
Breakfast is included for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Come join your Porsche friends for a weekend of driving, socializing and showing your Porsche.
For more information please contact Bill Price.
Registration is closed.
|Event End Date||09-12-2021|