Oktoberfest Drive & Fundraiser
NOTE: The Oktoberfest Drives and Party is a Sold Out event but you can join the wait list, or.. You can make a donation to MANNA Foodbank through buying a Raffle Entry or making a staight donation.
MANNA Fundraising Drive & Oktoberfest Party
The Appalachian Region launches a new Oktoberfest event to support our Charity Partner MANNA Foodbank. The day starts by driving one of three tours (from Asheville, Hendersonville and Waynesville) that will arrive at The Grand Old Station restaurant in Lake Toxaway for an outdoor Oktoberfest party with a German-themed lunch.
You’ll have a chance to win door prizes, play Oktoberfest-themed games, enter a fundraising raffle for great prizes and socialize with friends; all in an Oktoberfest Biergarten setting including authentic Oompah band music.
Appalachian Region's Oktoberfest is Saturday, October 15, 2022 with drives starting at 8:30 a.m. The Oktoberfest Party is from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. The drives and party is a sold out event but a wait list is being formed.
Buy a Raffle Entry to for a chance to win and Support MANNA Foodbank
- Grand Prize: Ceramic Coating for your Porsche from IR Auto Solutions ($1,300 value). IR Auto Solutions is proud to donate our most popular Ceramic Coating Package to the MANA Foodbank Fundraiser Event. This Package will consist of a thorough wash, paint decontamination, single-stage paint correction and, a 5-Year SB3 ceramic coating application to your vehicle’s painted surfaces. This package is valued at $1,300 and will provide you with UV-Protection, Ease of Maintenance, and an extremely glossy finish for years to come. Never worry about waxing your car again if you win this package. Thank you again IR Auto Solutions.
- First Prize: Porsche Laser Cut Wood Wall Mount Sculpture 36" X 17" X .5" Perfect for your "Man Cave" or Garage. ($300 value)
- Three Second Prizes (valued at $75)
- Porsche Boxster Paperweight or 911 Lapel Pin Collectors set -Porsche Asheville
- Porsche Highball Glasses and Coffee Mug set - Courtesy of Porsche Asheville
- Hagerty Drivers Club Membership
Raffle entries can be purchased if you want to increase your chances of winning; just select the ticket icon below. This is an online raffle so physical tickets will not be provided.
The entire proceeds from the sale of raffle entries will go to MANNA Foodbank. You don’t have to attend the event to purchase an entry, just make a purchase at this site. A tax receipt will be issued upon purchase. You can buy as many entries as you wish in order to make a donation to MANNA Foodbank.
Click the ticket icon to the right:
Entires will be accepted until Noon, Friday, October 14.
- $200 = Ten Chances to Win,
- $160 = Eight Chances to Win,
- $100 = Five Chances to Win,
- $60 = Three Chances to Win.,
- $25 = One Chance to Win.
Or, Just Make a Donation to Help Your Neighbors
The Registration fee donation provides the donation base, but to reach our challenge number of $10,000 we really need Appalachian Region members to step up with extra donations. Just click the button below and complete the form. On MANNA's form, take the following steps to insure we get credit for your donation.
- Select the Designate My Donation button (just above the Payment Information section).
- Click on the down arrow in the window that appears and select "Other Info."
- Enter "Porsche Club" in the Donation Comments window.
MANNA Foodbank will issue a tax receipt upon payment of the donation.
Two Appalachian Region Sponsors have already agreed to a Matching Fund program. K&M Collision will match donations up to $1,000. Hagerty Insurance will contribute up to $500 to match all funds donated. Thank you Hagerty and K&M. If you would like to contrihute matching funds please contact Jim Moore.
Drive in an Oktoberfest Tour or... Find Your Own Way
There will be three simultaneous tours with start points in Asheville, Hendersonville and Waynesville. The routes will be led with the traditional lead/sweep formation. Each tour will have unique scenic stop points along the route to enjoy the mountain scenery. All the tours conclude with a meet-up of all participants at the Oktoberfest Celebration at The Grand Old Station in Lake Toxaway. Due to limited space, only 33 cars will be able to drive in each tour, with another 15 arriving by finding their own way to Oktoberfest.
With limited slots in the event, you should register now (click Register button at bottom of page).
Enjoy an Oktoberfest Party
The cost to attend Oktoberfest is $50 per person. This includes a donation with half the ticket price being contributed to MANNA Foodbank, a choice of a German-themed meal, a welcome German Pretzel with Mustard, a Appalachian Region patch, an Octoberfest button, a chance to win a door prize and one Raffle Ticket for the Grand Prize.
The MANNA Fundraising Oktoberfest takes place outdoors with Oktoberfest decorations and German music to capture the spirit of a Munich Biergarten. The event occurs rain or shine. If rain occurs the restaurant will accommodate us indoors but the plan is to party like Munich: outdoors.
Upon arrival at the Oktoberfest, you’ll check in and receive you Raffle entry, Door Prize ticket, an Appalachian Region sew-on patch, an Octoberfest button and a German pretzel with mustard to enjoy while socializing and waiting for lunch to be served.
During event sign-up you’ll choose from one of three German-themed lunches to enjoy at Oktoberfest. The meal with water, iced tea or coffee is included with your registration fee. If you desire to purchase one of the special German beers that will be on hand, that will be an extra charge.
|Meal Option 1 – Brat Lunch||Meal Option 2 – Schnitzel Lunch||Meal Option 3 – Vegetarian Lunch|
(The vegetarian menu is tentative.)
One meal comes with one registration entry per person. These are set meals that do not allow for a mix and match of the food.
Door Prizes will be awarded so registrants have potential to win something for their entry fee, other than the satisfaction of giving to our charity partner. Door prizes include:
- Yeti Coffee Tumbler - $35 value
- South Creek Vineyards Bottle of Cabernet - $25 value - Courtesy of South Creek Vineyards
- PCA Roll-up Picnic Blanket - $22 value (Two to be awarded)
- Hagerty Shift HappensBaseball Cap - $25 value - Courtesy of Hagerty Insurance
- Hagerty Coffee Tumbler - $20 value - Courtesy of Hagerty Insurance
In addition to eating, socializing and possibly winning a door prize or the Raffle, there will be games set up in to plqy during the Oktoberfest.
MANNA Fundraiser Oktoberfest Timings
Date of Event: Saturday, October 15, 2022
Start Time: Tour Meet-ups at 8:30 a.m., departures at 9:00 a.m.
Tour Arrivals at Oktoberfest: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Oktoberfest at The Grand Olde Station in Lake Toxaway: 12:00 p.m.
Cost to Participate: $50 per person for lunch and a donation to MANNA Foodbank with the opportunity to make additional donations.
Cancellation Policy: A full refund is available up to two weeks prior to the event (by 12:00 p.m on Saturday, October 1,2022), though we would prefer that you continue to make the $25 contribution to MANNA Foodbank.
Thanks to the Event Organizers:
Event Chair: Jim Moore
Oktoberfest: George and Cindy Cain
MANNA Interface: David Butler
Staging at Oktoberfest: Dave White
Asheville Tour Lead: Larry Koupal
Hendersonville Tour Lead: Don Lowcavage
Waynesville Tour Lead: Bill Price
MANNA Foodbank Fundraising. Help MANNA Foodbank Put Meals on the Tables of WNC
Oktoberfest is planned as a MANNA Foodbank fundraiser so there is a cost of $50 per person to attend. Appalachian Region is subsidizing the ticket so half the ticket price of $50 per person ($25 per person) is donated to MANNA Foodbank and the other half pays for your meal. 100% of contributions to MANNA Foodbank will go to MANNA Foodbank. There will be no administrative costs involved. You'll be provided with a tax receipt for any extra donations provided.
MANNA Foodbank, located in Asheville, North Carolina, is a private, not-for-profit service organization working to end food insecurity in the 16 counties of Western North Carolina.
The Appalachian Region Oktoberfest has set a goal to raise $10,000 for MANNA Foodbank. Meeting this challenge will deliver 40,000 meals to over 109,000 of our neighbors facing food insecurity each month. For every dollar raised MANNA Foodbank is able to deliver four meals.
Here are two ways that you can contribute to meet our goal of raising $10,000 for MANNA Foodbank.
- Buy Raffle Tickets: A Raffle is being conducting with five prizes including a grand prize $1,300 Ceramic Coating from IR Auto Solutions. The cost of the Raffle ticket is $25 per ticket, three for $60 or five for $100. A tax receipt will be provided. Raffle tickets are available for purchase even if you don’t attend the event.
- Make an Extra Donation: Two Appalachian Region Sponsors have agreed to support our fundraising effort with matching fund contributions. K&M Collision is providing $1,000 in matching funds while Hagerty Insurance is providing $500 in matching funds. Make an extra donation or buy raffle tickets so MANNA earns these funds.
To meet the $10,000 Fundraising Goal it is important for everyone in the Region to participate, whether you plan on attending or not. You can still donate to MANNA Foodbank with a contribution, buying Raffle tickets, or bidding on the Silent Auction.
|Event Date||10-15-2022 8:30 am|