To register, select the Register button at the bottom of this page, which will take you to the ClubRegistration website. You can then log in (or create a ClubRegistration account if you don't have one) and register for our event.
PCA Appalachian Region is hosting its fifth Appalachian Adventure with a return visit to some of the best driving roads in America, social events, a People’s Choice Concours, and a chance to spend time with Porsches and Porsche people.
For September 8 – 11, we will be returning to the Meadowbrook Inn in Blowing Rock, NC. The weekend promises to be a fun weekend of socializing, driving and showing your Porsche in the beautiful NC mountains. Feedback was good last year, and we will be focusing on incremental improvements for this year. We’ll be revisiting some rides you may have missed last year and adding some new ones, including one focused on more spirited driving.
- Welcome Thursday: Arrive Thursday afternoon to check in to your room and at the event check-in desk. Start the evening with a social hour with hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar on Thursday evening.
- Driving Friday: After breakfast (included each day with hotel stay), we will have a choice of drives with lunch stops. Rides will go in varying directions so you can choose to explore new roads or revisit some familiar ones.
Friday evening cash-bar social and dinner will be at Meadowbrook and dinner is included in your registration fee. For 2022, we are planning a German-themed dinner.
- Historical & Technical Quiz: On Friday afternoon we will offer a multiple-choice format historical and technical quiz to test your Porsche knowledge (schedule to be determined), but you better study up. There are some real experts expected to compete. The Quiz winner will be recognized at the Saturday night banquet.Saturday
Saturday afternoon provides choices. Many folks expressed an interest in what Blowing Rock has to offer. This will be an Art in the Park weekend a block from the hotel. Youmay also want to visit other local attractions, including the Art and History Museum, Moses Cone Park, etc.
- Saturday Concours and Activities: The day kicks off with the People’s Choice Concours that will display cars competing in more than seven award Classes, plus Best of Show. The show site again is at the Blowing Rock First Baptist Church and is only a block from the hotel so walking access is easy.
For simplicity this year, we will be offering Publix box lunches available for selection at registration.
- Saturday Afternoon Car Barn Visit and Hagerty Porsche Valuation Seminar: After the concours(2:30 p.m. -4:30 p.m), we will visit Chip Perry's "Car Barn" to view his fabulous collection of Porsches and other European makes. This visit was a highlight of last year's event so you have a chance to see it again or for the first time. At the Car Barn, Hagerty Insurance will also be conducting a Seminar about Porsche valuations and where the market is headed.
- Saturday Night Awards Banquet: The Saturday night cash-bar social and banquet will feature show awards and guest speaker Martin Stenger, a former Porsche Crew Chief on the race winning Porsche 917's. Martin will share ancedotes about the various Porsche personalities he encountered during his time with Porsche.
Meals & Friends: The weekend offers opportunities to see old friends and meet new friends. Over 100 people will attend the weekend and join in socializing at the Thursday cocktail hour, the Concours, and Friday and Saturday evening dinners.
Flow Motors/Porsche Asheville is the official event sponsor. We anticipate they will bring a selection of vehicles and experts to answer your questions.
Send-off Sunday: After breakfast, Sunday is open for you to have a leisurely start to the day, tour or sightsee on your own or enjoy the beautiful drive home at your own pace. Your registration package will include information on local sights and interesting routes home.
Registration for the event is only $260 for couples and $130 for singles. Registration opens July 15, 2022 on clubregistration.net and includes:
- Thursday night reception
- Registration for Friday driving events
- Concours entry.
- Friday and Saturday dinners
Options requiring an extra fee is the optional catered box lunch at the Concours (about $10 pp) and a possible golf shirt offering (more details later).
Hotel reservations in Blowing Rock need to be made separately. For 2022, we have again secured very good room rates for Blowing Rock. As an overflow option or if you prefer a different type of accommodation, Meadowbrook is also offering discounts at its Mountainaire Cabins, about a block from Meadowbrook.
For information about each facility go to www.meadowbrook-inn.com or www.mountainaireinn.com.
Reduced rate accommodations are available with a 2-night minimum stay. The room options are:
- Standard room - $99, Thursday; $159, Friday and Saturday
- Suites and deluxe rooms - $119, Thursday; $199, Friday and Saturday
- Various cabins/rooms at Mountainaire range from $79 to $129 for Thursday, and $139 to $229 for Friday and Saturday.
Breakfast is included for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
You can make reservations online at the links below, or call the hotels directly. The online links reflect a 3-night stay and the rates reflect the blended rate with the lower rate for Thursday. If you need to change your reservation or are only staying two nights, you may call the hotels at the numbers reflected.
Come join your Porsche friends for a weekend of driving, socializing and showing your Porsche. Checkthis site regularly for more details and updates. For questions or information, please contact me.
Bill Price – Appalachian Adventure Chair
The event is full and we've closed registration.
|Event End Date||09-11-2022|