New Member Picnic
Picnic @ Longmeadow Park in The Ramble, South Asheville
This is the eighth year for this event to welcome new members and socialize with old friends. It’s a pot luck event with everyone contributing an appetizer, side dish, dessert, beverages and other picnic needs. The picnic arrival will begin at 4:00 pm (please do not arrive earlier than 4) with appetizers and concours viewing at 4:30, dinner at 5:30 pm. The picnic will finish at 7:00.
Longmeadow Park Pavilion in The Ramble has permanent restrooms, and we have permission to park cars on the lawn behind the facility in a concours-like setting. No judging of cars or prizes, just a nice setting to observe and enjoy.
New members will be able to register first, using a password provided to them by our New Member Chair. New member registration begins May 1, with all member registration commencing on May 15. Registration will close at 125 registrations, or June 15, whichever comes first.
When you register, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to let us know which pot luck dish or other items you will bring. Please follow the link and read the instructions on the spreadsheet for filling in your name and specifying your dish or support items like paper plates or ice. Tea, lemonade and water are on the list to bring. If you’d like something else such as soda, please bring it for yourself. Sorry, our contract with The Ramble does not allow alcoholic beverages.
Please register by end of day, Wednesday, June 15. Get this on your calendar today!
Directions to the Longmeadow Park pavilion in The Ramble
Enter The Ramble at the Valley Springs Road entrance off of Hendersonville Road. This is approximately 3 miles south of the I-40/US 25 Hendersonville Road intersection.
- Go straight on Valley Springs until you reach the guard gate. Names will be provided to the guard, indicate you’re joining the Porsche Picnic in Longmeadow Park.
- After passing through the gate continue straight, the park is just ahead (you’ll see statue and pavilion).
- To park on the lawn behind the pavilion follow PCA directional signs. Please avoid sprinkler heads marked with flags.
- At Park entrance turn right on Ramble Way.
- Proceed a very short distance on Ramble Way and turn left onto the walking path.
- Proceed a very short distance on path and turn left.
- Proceed a very short distance on path and turn right.
- Proceed up to and stop at the orange cones, show field is on your left, please wait to be directed onto the show field and your vehicle positioned.
- Again please avoid Water sprinkler heads marked with flags.
- Anyone wanting to park on the street; at the park entrance turn left onto Ramble Way, then immediate right onto Fairsted Drive.
- Park on the Fairsted Drive roadside.
- Please respect the neighborhood by being careful and driving slowly.
A map of the parking area is available here.
The event is full, and we have closed registration.