Coming envents include election of our region's officers, a 992 rollout party, a breakfast ramble, our monthly social, the VA car show, and several others.
As a reminder for officer election, additional nominations for elected office (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer) may come from the general membership: any 10 (ten) Active Members of the Club may nominate in writing an active member of the Club for an office with the written approval of that member. Such nominations must be submitted to the Nominating Committee by 15 October. Nomination made in this manner will be posted on the website and included on the ballot; submit nomination to a member of the nominating committee: Jim Peterson, Bob Herrmann or Charlie Hickey. Additional nominations will be taken at the Board of Directors meeting scheduled for Thursday, 3 October at 4:00 pm, to be held in the Porsche Asheville conference room.
- Thursday, 3 October 4:00 pm - ARPCA Board of Directors meeting in the conference room at Porsche Asheville
- Saturday, 5 October 8:00 am – Flat Rock Breakfast Ramble to Honey and Salt in Flat Rock, NC. It is an early breakfast but necessary to be able to be seated at such a renowned breakfast restaurant. Registration is required: for more information and registration link, click Flat Rock Breakfast Ramble.
- Tuesday, 8 October 6:00-9:00 pm – 992 Launch Party. Join your friends from Porsche Asheville and PCA at the launch party for Porsche’s newest offering: the 992. Reservations are required: RSVP to Timeless Machine: 911.922.
- Wednesday, 9 October 7:00-9:00 pm - Monthly social at the Wicked Weed West, 145 Jacob Holm Way in Candler. This location is their brewery in an industrial park off of Sand Hill Road (NC-112), not their downtown Asheville restaurant. If the weather is nice, we'll be on the patio, otherwise in the tap room upstairs, overlooking the brewery. If you're hungry, there will be a food truck on premises: Cecilia’s Kitchen. As usual, just look for your friends wearing the white AR name badges.
- Wednesday, 9 October through Saturday 12 October – Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta. A PorschePlatz is offered for Friday and Saturday to include ‘Porsche Only’ parade laps on Friday: for more information, tickets and parking places, visit Petit Le Mans PorschePlatz.
- Saturday, 19 October - EURO Auto Fest in Greenville, SC (no PCA affiliation). A perennial favorite of Appalachian Region members and automobile enthusiasts. For more information, Visit EURO Auto Fest.
- Saturday, 19 October and Sunday, 20 October – HPDE at Barber Motorsports Park (Alabama Region). For more information, visit Alabama Region HPDE; for registration, visit Barber Motorsports Park HPDE. Please note that Groups 1 & 2 are full.
- Saturday, 26 October 9:00 am – Fall Color Drive & Dine. October’s Drive & Dine not only combines driving the ever-scenic Blue Ridge Parkway but also a 1-hour boat tour of Lake Lure (Treffen Asheville-featured activity) with lunch at Rumbling Bald. Registration is required: for more information and registration link, click Fall Color Drive & Dine. The cost for the boat tour is $14/person prepaid.
We also have our main November event coming up on Saturday, 2 November: the 9th Annual ‘Saluting Our Veterans’ Open Car and Bike Show. Proceeds from the show benefit the VA Voluntary Services to the benefit of VA veterans’ programs. The Appalachian Region has had an awesome presence for many years now: please plan to attend, whether or not you register/display you Porsche (or other unique vehicle). Registration is required: please visit VA Car Show to download/print a registration form. The cost is $15/car; additional donations are appreciated. It has been practice to donate the $250 PCA Hospitality Park subsidy to this cause.
This time of year is a personal favorite: the leaves start their color show, a nip in the air, a brief respite between the summer tourists/conferees and the leaf lookie loos. There is something special about a drive in a Porsche: natural air conditioning, dryer weather, a glance to the next corner previously obstructed by dense, green vegetation, a palpable increase in power (well at least in the 912 anyway). Make it a point to drive your Porsche this month, especially to at least one of our AR events and to the 992 Launch Party. We have great friends in our Region, PCA and at Porsche Asheville: celebrate October with Porsche!
Looking towards the next bend in the road,