I have been somewhat bereft in my duties as President with respect to our monthly Board meetings (generally held the Thursday before the first Saturday of the month): these meetings are open to all PCA members, especially Appalachian Region members. I have been negligent in that I have not routinely promoted the Board meetings nor have I widely distributed the agenda. As always, please refer to our website for the calendar of Region events, including meetings. If you would like to receive an email of the Board meeting agenda Monday the week of the meeting, please let me know via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a topic for discussion before the board, feel free to contact me via email for inclusion in the agenda.
- This Thursday, November 1st, 4:00 pm: AR-PCA Board Meeting in the conference room at Porsche Asheville, 621 Brevard Road, Asheville.
- This Saturday, November 3rd, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm: 8th Annual "Saluting Our Veterans" Open Car and Bike Show held at the Charles George Medical Center, 1100 Tunnel Road, Asheville. It's not to late to attend: please make plans to attend in support of our veterans! More information link.
- Wednesday, November 14th, 5:00 to 7:00 pm: Monthly AR Social. We return to White Labs Kitchen and Tap Room, 172 South Charlotte Street, Asheville for beverage, food and fellowship. As always, look for the white AR name badges.
- Saturday, November 17th 8:00 am: 'Off the Beaten Path' Drive is a tour of US Forestry service roads for a drive with a different perspective! Drive is designed for Porsche SUV's (but other vehicles are welcome) and will end at Creekside Subs (Breakfast Ramble destination. Registration is required. Please be aware that this drive is subject to route and weather conditions.
- Saturday, November 17th 10:00 am: 'Brevard Creekside Breakfast Ramble'. Meet for breakfast at Creekside Subs, 491 North Broad Street, Brevard. Registration is required so that seating may be reserved.
- November 16th-18th: HPDE at VIR (Carolinas Region event), Registration is open via ClubRegistration.
Please refer to the Region website for listings of other non-PCA events.
Reserve the Date:
Approaching the end of the year, we have two annual events:
- Saturday, December 1st, 10:00 am: Annual Membership Meeting, Country Club of Asheville, Reynolds Room, 170 Windsor Road, Asheville. This is an opportunity to meet the Board, review 2018 activities, preview 2019 activities and most importantly discuss Region issues in an open, receptive and friendly environment. Light refreshments will be served. Annual Meeting.
- Tuesday, December 11th, 5:30 to 7:30 pm: Christmas/Holiday Gathering, Porsche Asheville, 621 Brevard Road, Asheville. An evening to celebrate the holiday season, join your fellow PCA members, Porsche owners and Porsche Asheville staff for a festive social to include door prizes, heavy hors d’oeuvres and beverages. As in previous years, this year's event benefits Helpmate (a domestic violence help organization) with a suggested donation of $10/person. All proceeds benefit Helpmate.