Our goal is to have a safe, fun event. With this in mind we have a few rules and guidelines. Please come prepared with the map route sheet (downloaded from our aprpca.org website or included with your registration) and a full tank of gas.
- Headlights on. Let’s know who is in our group – we have had cars follow other Porsches home!
- Know the cars in front and behind you. We are traveling as a group, and so you are relying on the car in front and the car behind is relying on you. Know who is in front and behind.
- Keep the car behind you in sight. Especially important when making a turn onto a new road. If you lose them, slow down. The car in front of you will slow down and this will allow the whole group to catch up.
- Keep up with the group. Maintain a safe following distance but try to keep up with the group. Hanging back so you can go faster may be fun, but makes it hard for other drivers.
- Drive at a safe speed. It is PCA policy to obey all laws, but there is no substitute for good judgment – nothing ruins a fun day like an accident and there are plenty of places (like DE) where you can go fast safely.
- No passing, please. This is key to maintaining a safe, fun event. Our goal is no incidents and there is no shame in following a slow car – when you buy your classic 356 that slow car may be you. We are out here to make new friends and have fun, so please appreciate your fellow drivers for making the effort.
- Use the rendezvous point to catch up. If we are in a larger group, we are going to get split up. We will follow the route and wait at the rendezvous point, so there is no need to drive aggressively to catch up.
- If something happens, stop and call it in. If someone has an incident or breaks down, stop to help them and call the Chair immediately.
- Please stay with the group that you were assigned to at the start of the drive.
- Do not depart the group along the route unless other cars/drivers are made aware that you will do so.
- Program the final destination and any pre-planned stops into your GPS. This way if you get separated to lost you can still join the group for lunch or dinner.
- And most important of all, Have fun!
Carl v S