Appalachian Adventure 2018 is in the books and it was the best AA to date!
The event attracted a large contingent from Florida, South Carolina and Tennessee regions and the Ridges Resort is a very scenic locale. Many thanks to Don Therien and his crew for all the hard work: even with an early morning Saturday rain and Concours location change, everything came off without a hitch!!
September Events: The September calendar is chocked full; we are trying something a little different this month: an Art Ramble!
- Tuesday, September 4th, 11:00 am - Porsche Art Ramble: drive over to the NC Arboretum where AR member Mary Stori will provide a personalized artist tour of textile art. Although Mary's main focus is interpreting nature in textiles, she will be displaying a one-of-a-kind Porsche Speedster quilt. Following the tour, members will be meeting in the Bent Creek Bistro. More info and registration may be found at the following links: Nature Across the Carolinas and Event Registration.
- Saturday, September 9th, 9:30 am – Cheese Trail Drive and Dine (who knew that WNC was cheese country?) Meet at the Ingles, 3643 Howard Gap Road, Hendersonville for a tour through 45 miles of back roads at a leisurely pace, ending in Black Mountain at the Bistro for lunch. More information and registration may be found at the following link: Cheese Trail Drive and Dine.
- Wednesday, September 12th, 5:00 to 7:00 pm – AR September Member Social: New Belgium Brewing 21 Craven Street, Asheville. We’ll meet in the tasting room; as usual, just look for the white AR badges. Tours are available (last one is at 4:30pm).
- Wednesday, September 19th: ‘Drive Your Porsche’ – Honor Ferry Porsche’s birthday by taking a drive on your own or coordinate a group drive with your AR friends! (Do you really need an excuse to drive your Porsche?)
- Saturday, September 22nd, 9:30 am – ‘Little Switzerland Breakfast Ramble’: meet on the Terrace of the Chalet Restaurant, 86 High Ridge Road, Little Switzerland, for breakfast with breath-taking vistas! Route suggestions and Registration are found at this link: Little Switzerland Breakfast Ramble
For our ‘Track Rats’, we have a couple of Carolinas Region events scheduled:
- Saturday/Sunday, September 8th/9th – HP Divers Ed at Carolinas Motorsport Park, Kershaw, SC. Register via ClubRegistration.
- Sunday, September 16th – Autocross at the Michelin Testing Grounds, Laurens, SC. Register via ClubRegistration.
Quite the September calendar! Jim Moore has done an exceptional job planning and executing our monthly events (with a little help from his friends). Speaking of help, Jim would like even more help with event planning: we are currently looking to add an Events committee person to carry on with planning our monthly Rambles.
After many years of faithful service, Joe Esposito is stepping down as Concours Chair. Thank you, Joe, for your service. We are currently looking an AR member to fill this position.
95% of any effort is just showing up: please support your Club's activities by attending events; a lot of effort is expended to ensure each event is to be enjoyed by our membership! If you want to be more involved, there are currently several vacancies to fill. If you are interested in becoming more involved, please email me at AR President. All Chairs serve with BOD approval and all committee members serve at the will of the Chair. We welcome any and all help in running the Appalachian Region! We also have an active Facebook closed-members page where we can discuss Porsches and post photos: if you haven't already, join Facebook and request access to our page. Facebook Link
I hope to see you at an event soon,