Just in case you hadn’t heard it, read about it, or seen the full run on YouTube, the new Porsche 911GT2 RS set the absolute fastest run at the Nurburgring recently … 6:47.30. A full five seconds faster than the previous production car record held by a Lamborghini.
The Smoky Mountain Region is excited to announce the dates for this years Spring Thing. Once again at the beautiful General Morgan Inn in Greeneville, TN, the event happens on the last weekend of April … 04.27-29.2018. Look for it at … http://smtpca.org/calendar/2018-spring-thing/ Book your room now … 423.787.1000
Deems Riddle, President of the Tennessee Region, informs me that their annual Winterfest event will happen the weekend of March 16-17, 2018.
Get your registration form from Deems, at … email@example.com
Registration cost … $120.00 one person/one car / $175.00 two persons/one car. Registration cost includes all meals.
Host hotel … Best Western at Bonnie Oaks and Lee Hwy., Chattanooga … 423.899.3311
Event starts at noon Friday, with car prep at the VW plant in Chattanooga
Saturday – Concours – Indoor at the VW plant.
Banquet – Saturday evening at Porsche of Chattanooga
Noteworthy national events in early 2018…
- PCA Werks Reunion (East) at Amelia Island, FL, 3/9/18 – no pre-registration required for spectators
- Treffen Tamaya in Santa Ana Pueblo, NM, 4/25/28/18 – registration now open
- Porsche Parade at Lake of the Ozarks, MO, 7/8-14/18 – housing registration opens 1/29/18
Noteworthy Zone 3 events in early 2018…
- Winterfest (TN Region) in Chattanooga, TN, 3/16-18/18 – no registration information at this time.
- PCA Club Race at Road Atlanta, 4/6-8/18
- Spring Thing (Smoky Mtn. Region) at Greeneville, TN, 4/27-29/18 – register at smtpca.org
- PCA Club Race at Barber Motorsports Park, 5/18-20/18
- Concours in the Park (Musik Stadt Region) at Nashville, TN, 5/19/18 – register at musikstadtpca.org
The Alabama Region wants you to know that you can register for any or all of their three of Driver Education events at Barber Motorsports Park, now, at … www.clubregistration.net. Their DE dates are April 28-29; June 16-17; and October 20-21.
Well … Porsche gets embarrassed at Daytona once again. This years running of the twice around the clock Rolex 24 Hour started off on an ominous note, when one of the GTD Porsche entries crashed on the formation lap. It didn’t get any better. In the GTLM class the factory entries were run over by each other, not the competition. #912 finished 6th, while #911 finished 8th. Note…#912’s fastest lap of the race was a full second slower than the class winning Ford. In the GTD class, Porsche fared even worse…17th, 19th, and 20th. Things were brighter in the Continental race, where a Cayman took first, and was the only Porsche in the top ten! Here’s hoping things turn around a bit at Sebring, the weekend of March 14.
Vic Rola, Zone 3 Rep