This is the last reminder of your invitation to our third annual Appalachian Region – PCA Christmas/Holiday Gathering.
If you have already RSVP'ed, thank you! (We've had a great response thus far!!) If you have not responded, it's not too late. Please join us to celebrate a banner year for the Appalachian Region. This year, Read To Succeed Asheville is our benefitting charity partner.
- Event is Tuesday 12/12/17, 6:00-8:00pm at Porsche Asheville/Harmony Motors, 621 Brevard Road, Asheville.
- Co-sponsored by AR-PCA and Porsche Asheville/Harmony Motors.
- Dress is business casual.
- Heavy hors d’oeuvres, beer, wine, and soft drinks will be served.
- There will be door prizes, special guests, and more. (Similar to Christmas/Holiday Gatherings of the last two years.)
- The suggested minimum donation is $10/person (if you can give more, please don’t hesitate to do so) collected at the door/registration (cash or checks).
Read To Succeed Asheville
Read To Succeed Asheville's mission is based on studies indicating that students who don’t read proficiently by the third grade are four times more likely to leave school without a diploma than proficient readers; students who fail to complete high school are far more likely to be unemployed, single parents or in prison than those who graduate with a high school diploma/college degree. Read To Succeed Asheville takes children, identified by teachers and literacy specialists, and teams them with volunteers in a one-on-one environment to help improve the child’s reading skills. In its 2015-2016 Annual Report, Read To Succeed Asheville listed that 125 students were helped with 3,782 hours of tutoring by 122 volunteers. By selecting Read To Succeed Asheville as our charity partner this year, we hope to raise not only funds to increase outreach but to increase awareness for this promising program that aids the most disadvantaged in our local community, benefitting our society as a whole. Read To Succeed Asheville is a 401(c)(3) charitable organization: donation receipts will be available.
As in past Gatherings, there will be a short program with remarks from Porsche Asheville/Harmony Motors and AR-PCA representatives. We will also have the opportunity to hear from a representative of Read 2 Succeed Asheville.
Please RSVP today to firstname.lastname@example.org with names of those who will be attending.
My hope is that you will take the time and effort to attend: I look forward to seeing you there!
President, Appalachian Region - PCA