Treffen Asheville is only a couple weeks away and we are in the final stages of preparation. David O’Neal has invited all Appalachian Region members to be present at the Omni Grove Park Inn to welcome our Treffen guests during the social on Wednesday afternoon, September 20th, from 3 to 7 pm in the Skyline Room.
A few reminders about upcoming Appalachian Region Events:
- September Social - Wednesday September 13th 5- 7pm at Thirsty Monk South 2 Town Square Blvd. #170 (Biltmore Park), Asheville.
- Harmony Motors/Porsche Asheville Member Appreciation Track Day Friday November 10th -This is a reminder to AR-PCA members interested in learning more about their cars. The participation fee is $115/driver. Further details on the event can be found on the Region website at aprpca.org. The RSVP deadline is 9/10/17 to email@example.com for all first timers (those who have not been to Roebling Road Raceway at a Harmony Motors event with a Porsche and/or those who have previous DE experience) that are interested in attending. You may still respond after this date but you will no longer have priority in registration over those with track experience.
- The Nominating Committee is working to produce a slate of officers and time for nominations is running short: if you are interested in holding office, please email Jim Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Future events (please mark these on your calendar):
- Saturday, October 7th – AR Drive and Dine (details to follow)
- Saturday,November 4th – Annual ‘Saluting our Veterans’ Car and Motorcycle Show 10am to 2pm at the Charles George VA Medical Center. We won the best represented car club award last year; let’s support our Vets again this year! Entry form may be found on our website/event listing.
- Saturday,December 2nd – Annual Appalachian Members meeting, 10am, Country Club of Asheville
- Tuesday, December 12th – Annual Christmas/Holiday Party, Porsche Asheville
I hope to see you at the Thirsty Monk and/or the Grove Park Inn. In the meantime, keep the wheels turning and shiny side up!