- Saturday, August 5th, starting at 9:30 am: Treffen Committee meeting in the Porsche Asheville conference room. All AR members are invited but may be limited to SRO.
- Wednesday, August 9th, starting at 5 pm: Appalachian Region Social at Highland Brewing, 12 Old Charlotte Highway, Asheville, NC 28803. Look for Appalachian Region members wearing white nametags on the rooftop if the weather is good.
- Saturday, August 12th, arrive no later than 9:30 am: Cradle of Forestry Treffen pre-Drive. Meet at Asheville Outlet Mall parking lot (behind mall - look for other Porsches). Cost is $5/person to enter Cradle of Forestry (no cost to National Park Service Pass-holders). Activities include guided walking tour (walking shoes/hiking boots recommended) and perusing indoor museum. For lunch, you may bring your own picnic or purchase lunch at the Cradle Café. Local artisans will be joining the Cradle in demonstrating Appalachian cultural and modern uses of forest products. Crafters will have their locally handmade items available for purchase.
- Saturday, August 26th from 9am to noon: Mountain Air Cars & Coffee, Burnsville, on the air strip (timed runs with signed waiver). The Appalachian Region has been invited to participate. Check out their Facebook page for video of a previous event: Mountain Air Corsa.
- There is no AR Board Meeting scheduled for August (‘Summer Break’). If an emergent matter comes to your attention, please email me pertinent details at email@example.com.
- The Goodie Store is offering all AR merchandise at 10% off the cost during this month (fees - if applicable, shipping cannot be discounted). If you have been waiting to purchase AR goods, August is for you! The prices listed on the website will remain at the regular price: discount will be applied at checkout.
- The annual Appalachian Region Christmas/Holiday Gathering is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, December 12th. Mark your calendars and plan to attend. More information to follow...
- The Nominating Committee is working to produce a slate of Appalachian Region Officers for 2018-2019: if you are interested in holding office or know of someone who is, please email Jim Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope to see you at an event soon,