Picnic @ Long Meadow Park in The Ramble in Asheville on Saturday, June 10 at 5:00 p.m.
This is the fifth year for this event with the first four years being a huge success. It’s a pot luck event with everyone contributing an appetizer, side dish or dessert. The region will provide the main dish, Broasted Chicken from Little Pigs BBQ in Asheville. Cost is $10 per person to cover table, chair and pavilion rental.
Long Meadow Park Pavilion in The Ramble will again host the event. This facility has permanent restrooms, and this year we have permission to park cars on the lawn behind the facility in a concours like setting. No judging of cars or prizes, just a nice setting to observe and enjoy.
First of all, we need people to bring a side dish, be it a salad or slaw or potato salad or baked beans or dessert. Second, BYOB, whether it is water, soda or beer or whatever you might like to drink. We will provide tables, chairs, tablecloths and main dish. We’ll picnic at approximately 6:00 p.m. and socialize until whenever.
Please RSVP by end of day Monday, June 5. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with participant’s names and pot-luck item you are bringing for the group to share! Get this on your calendar today!
Suggested pot-luck list as follows:
- (4-5) Appetizer
- (10-11) Side, e.g. baked beans, salad, cold slaw, pasta salad, etc.
- (3-4) Bread, e.g. baked bread, dinner rolls, etc.
- (6-7) Dessert, e.g. brownies, pie, cake, cookies, etc.
- (3-4) Plates, napkins, utensils, bag ice (cooler)
- Please bring serving utensils as needed for your dish!
Directions to the Long Meadow Park pavilion in THE RAMBLE in south Asheville
Enter the Ramble at the Valley Springs Road entrance off of Hendersonville Road. This is approximately 3 miles south of the I-40/US 25 Hendersonville Road intersection.
- Go straight on Valley Springs until you reach the guard gate. Names will be provided to the guard, indicate you’re joining the Porsche Picnic in Long Meadow Park.
- After passing through the gate continue straight, the park is just ahead (you’ll see statue and pavilion).
- To park on the lawn behind the pavilion follow PCA directional signs. Please avoid sprinkler heads marked with flags.
- At Park entrance turn right on Ramble Way.
- Proceed a very short distance on Ramble Way and turn left onto the walking path.
- Proceed a very short distance on path and turn left.
- Proceed a very short distance on path and turn right.
- Proceed up to and stop at the orange cones, show field is on your left, please wait to be directed onto the show field and your vehicle positioned.
- Again please avoid Water sprinkler heads marked with flags.
- Anyone wanting to park on the street; at the park entrance turn left onto Ramble Way, then immediate right onto Fairsted Drive.
- Park on the Fairsted Drive roadside.
- Please respect the neighborhood by being careful and driving slowly.