The first Appalachian Adventure is in the books: we had over 100 participants with over 50 Porsches in attendance. It was a great success (with a few ‘gitches’) and we raised $1300 for Manna FoodBank:
I’ve included a link to the check presentation on Manna’s FaceBook page: AR-PCA Check Presentation to Manna FoodBank. Our Manna hosts then led us on a tour of their facility: magnificent! For those attending the AA, there will be a short survey sent soon to make the next Adventure even better. I hope we will see an AA article in an upcoming issue of Pano.
For upcoming events,
- We are having our annual picnic and new member social this Saturday at the Ramble. (I wish Claudia and I were going to be there but we will be in Raleigh instead for my niece’s wedding; first one we will miss.)
- Wednesday September 14th 5-7pm – Social at the Highlands Brewing Company, 12 Old Charlotte Highway, Asheville. We’ll meet on the roof unless it’s wet.
- Saturday October 1st Time/Place TBD – Meeting with David O’Neal for Treffen Asheville planning. If you would like to be included in the Treffen Committee/Planning, please contact me.
- Saturday October 8th – Leaf Tour Drive & Dine. I am in charge of this one and I am thinking a trip to Linville, Blowing Rock or Boone. Stay tuned for upcoming details!
- Wednesday October 12th 5-7pm – Social at Dynamite Roasting (coffee house), 3198 US Highway 70 Black Mountain.
- Saturday November 5th – Charles George VA Medical Center ‘Saluting Our Veterans’ Car Show. More information may be found at https://www.facebook.com/salutingourvetscarshow/. Entry forms may be downloaded from here.
- Wednesday November 9th 5-7pm – Social at Thirsty Monk 51 N. Merrimon Ave #113, Woodfin.
- Saturday December 3rd Time/Place TBD – Annual Appalachian Region Membership meeting.
Using the Adventure as a springboard, I think it would be great to have our Region well represented at the Saluting Our Veterans Car Show in November so make plans to attend now: fill out and send in your entry forms. This is for a great cause: “A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to ‘The United States of America’ for an amount ‘up to and including my life’.” Bringing our cars out is the least we can do for our veterans!
Also in preparation for next year’s Treffen, we would like to plan next spring’s Drive & Dine routes with potential for Treffen tours. If you have a route, attraction/destination or great place to eat in mind, send me an email with your ideas. I would also like to hear from you if you have interest in being part of the tour leaders group (leader, mid-pack, sweep) or would like to serve as greeters/hospitality for our out-of-town Treffen guests at the Grove Park Inn.
And as always, our AR-PCA Website has all the up-to-date information on it.
Keepin’ the shiny side up,