2018 New-member Social
Picnic @ Long Meadow Park in The Ramble in Asheville
This is the sixth year for this event to welcome new members and socialize with old friends. It’s a pot luck event with everyone contributing an appetizer, side dish or dessert. The region provides the main dish, Broasted Chicken from Little Pigs BBQ in Asheville. Long Meadow Park Pavilion in The Ramble has permanent restrooms, and we have permission to park cars on the lawn behind the facility in a concours like setting. No judging of cars or prizes, just a nice setting to observe and enjoy.
Identify your pot luck item at registration, and BYOB, whether it is water, soda, beer, etc. We’ll picnic at approximately 6:00 p.m. and socialize until whenever. No charge this year as our club is covering the table, chair and pavilion rental. Please register by end of day Monday, June 4.
Please register by 5:00 p.m. Sunday, June 3. Get this on your calendar today!
The Pot-Luck items are listed on the registration form. If not listed, we have met our needs for that item. The items still needed are:
- (4-5) Appetizer
- (10-11) Side Dish e.g. baked beans, salad, cold slaw, pasta salad, etc.
- (3-4) Bread e.g. baked bread, dinner rolls, etc.
- (1) Bag of ice (cooler)
- Please bring serving utensils as needed for your dish!
(If an item doesn't appear on the registration form, we already have enough of it.)
Directions to the Long Meadow Park pavilion in THE RAMBLE in south Asheville
Enter the Ramble at the Valley Springs Road entrance off of Hendersonville Road. This is approximately 3 miles south of the I-40/US 25 Hendersonville Road intersection.
- Go straight on Valley Springs until you reach the guard gate. Names will be provided to the guard, indicate you’re joining the Porsche Picnic in Long Meadow Park.
- After passing through the gate continue straight, the park is just ahead (you’ll see statue and pavilion).
- To park on the lawn behind the pavilion follow PCA directional signs. Please avoid sprinkler heads marked with flags.
- At Park entrance turn right on Ramble Way.
- Proceed a very short distance on Ramble Way and turn left onto the walking path.
- Proceed a very short distance on path and turn left.
- Proceed a very short distance on path and turn right.
- Proceed up to and stop at the orange cones, show field is on your left, please wait to be directed onto the show field and your vehicle positioned.
- Again please avoid Water sprinkler heads marked with flags.
- Anyone wanting to park on the street; at the park entrance turn left onto Ramble Way, then immediate right onto Fairsted Drive.
- Park on the Fairsted Drive roadside.
- Please respect the neighborhood by being careful and driving slowly.
A map of the parking area is available here.
|Event Date||06-09-2018 5:00 pm|